Medicare Shared Savings ACO Program
The Affordable Care Act requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish a shared savings program to facilitate coordination and cooperation among providers to improve the quality of care for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries and reduce unnecessary costs.
ACP has assembled a set of materials and information about Medicare Shared Savings/ ACO Program to assist you in following its implementation:
- Webinar on Medicare Shared Savings Program and Subspecialty Participation in ACOs, and Powerpoint Presentation
- Detailed Summary – Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program
- Summary and Analysis of Final Medicare ACO Rule
- ACP Comments to CMS on ACO Proposed Rule (submitted June 2, 2011)
- ACP's Comments to CMS on the Proposed Statement of Antitrust Enforcement Policy Regarding ACOs Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- ACP Developed Frequently Asked Questions about the CMS ACO Proposed Rule
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Application - CMS application materials and key deadlines for prospective accountable care organizations (ACO) interested in applying for the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Applications are closed for Program Year 2013.
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Final Rule (published, October 19, 2011 in the Federal Registrar)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program and Rural Providers (May 6, 2011)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (published in April 7, 2011 Federal Register)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Federal Agencies Address Legal Issues Regarding Accountable Care Organizations Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (March 31, 2011)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program: A New Proposal to Foster Better, Patient-Centered Care – What Patients Need to Know About Accountable Care Organizations (March 31, 2011)
- Performance Measures Proposed for Use in the ACO CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (March 31, 2011)
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more