Medicare Shared Savings ACO Program
The Affordable Care Act requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish a shared savings program to facilitate coordination and cooperation among providers to improve the quality of care for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries and reduce unnecessary costs.
ACP has assembled a set of materials and information about Medicare Shared Savings/ ACO Program to assist you in following its implementation:
- Webinar on Medicare Shared Savings Program and Subspecialty Participation in ACOs, and Powerpoint Presentation
- Detailed Summary – Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program
- Summary and Analysis of Final Medicare ACO Rule
- ACP Comments to CMS on ACO Proposed Rule (submitted June 2, 2011)
- ACP's Comments to CMS on the Proposed Statement of Antitrust Enforcement Policy Regarding ACOs Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- ACP Developed Frequently Asked Questions about the CMS ACO Proposed Rule
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Application - CMS application materials and key deadlines for prospective accountable care organizations (ACO) interested in applying for the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Applications are closed for Program Year 2013.
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Final Rule (published, October 19, 2011 in the Federal Registrar)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program and Rural Providers (May 6, 2011)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (published in April 7, 2011 Federal Register)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Federal Agencies Address Legal Issues Regarding Accountable Care Organizations Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (March 31, 2011)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program: A New Proposal to Foster Better, Patient-Centered Care – What Patients Need to Know About Accountable Care Organizations (March 31, 2011)
- Performance Measures Proposed for Use in the ACO CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (March 31, 2011)
- On Tuesday February 19 at 1:30pm ET the CMS Provider Communications Group will host a National Provider Call on PQRS and eRx Incentive Program
- On Thursday February 14th at 2pm ET CMS is hosting a ACA Implementation Update to review the Physician Sunshine Rule and provide an update on the outreach and enrollment efforts for the new Marketplaces and how health care providers fit into that work.
- On Wednesday, January 9, HHS is hosting an Affordable Care Act Implementation Update for Clinicians, Hospitals and other Healthcare Providers. Gary Cohen, Director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, will provide an overview of the recent Insurance Exchange regulations and guidance and discuss how it impacts clinicians and hospitals.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.