Medicare Shared Savings ACO Program
The Affordable Care Act requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish a shared savings program to facilitate coordination and cooperation among providers to improve the quality of care for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries and reduce unnecessary costs.
ACP has assembled a set of materials and information about Medicare Shared Savings/ ACO Program to assist you in following its implementation:
- Webinar on Medicare Shared Savings Program and Subspecialty Participation in ACOs, and Powerpoint Presentation
- Detailed Summary – Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program
- Summary and Analysis of Final Medicare ACO Rule
- ACP Comments to CMS on ACO Proposed Rule (submitted June 2, 2011)
- ACP's Comments to CMS on the Proposed Statement of Antitrust Enforcement Policy Regarding ACOs Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- ACP Developed Frequently Asked Questions about the CMS ACO Proposed Rule
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Application - CMS application materials and key deadlines for prospective accountable care organizations (ACO) interested in applying for the Medicare Shared Savings Program. Applications are closed for Program Year 2013.
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Final Rule (published, October 19, 2011 in the Federal Registrar)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program and Rural Providers (May 6, 2011)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (published in April 7, 2011 Federal Register)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Federal Agencies Address Legal Issues Regarding Accountable Care Organizations Participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (March 31, 2011)
- CMS Fact Sheet: Medicare Shared Savings Program: A New Proposal to Foster Better, Patient-Centered Care – What Patients Need to Know About Accountable Care Organizations (March 31, 2011)
- Performance Measures Proposed for Use in the ACO CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (March 31, 2011)
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!