Additional ACO Information and Resources
ACP has assembled a set of online resources from other key organizations to assist with understanding the definition and implementation of an ACO.
- "How to Create Accountable Care Organizations" by Harold D. Miller, Center for Healthcare Quality and Payment Reform (www.chqpr.org)
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) Center for Accountable Care - The PCPCC is a coalition of stakeholders across the healthcare spectrum who have joined together to develop and advance the Patient Centered Medical Home. In March 2011, the PCPCC established the Center for Accountable Care to serve as a collaborative bridge between the patient-centered medical home model and the various Accountable Care Organization Learning Networks, collaboratives, and evolving ACO pilots in order to foster and align our shared principles of increased accountability, performance measurement, and shared savings.
- The Commonwealth Fund - Accountable Care Organization Resources
- ACOs and other options: A “how-to” manual for physicians navigating a post-health reform world. 4th edition. Developed by the American Medical Association
- On Tuesday February 19 at 1:30pm ET the CMS Provider Communications Group will host a National Provider Call on PQRS and eRx Incentive Program
- On Thursday February 14th at 2pm ET CMS is hosting a ACA Implementation Update to review the Physician Sunshine Rule and provide an update on the outreach and enrollment efforts for the new Marketplaces and how health care providers fit into that work.
- On Wednesday, January 9, HHS is hosting an Affordable Care Act Implementation Update for Clinicians, Hospitals and other Healthcare Providers. Gary Cohen, Director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, will provide an overview of the recent Insurance Exchange regulations and guidance and discuss how it impacts clinicians and hospitals.
Earn MOC Points for Medical Knowledge
ACP offers its members many ways to earn ABIM MOC points for Medical Knowledge and to make the process easier. See details.
Ceramic Bistro-Style ACP Mug
Enjoy your morning brew and show your ACP spirit with our 15-ounce dishwasher- and microwave-safe mug. Enjoy free shipping within the continental U.S.