Embracing Community Connection Through Brief and Meaningful Actionable Well-being Videos and Other Resources
If you or someone you know is in crisis, help is available 24/7. Text 741741 or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (988 or 1-800-273-8255) or Disaster Distress Hotline (1-800-985-5990).
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our lives professionally and personally. We're so busy taking care of others that it's easy to overlook caring for ourselves.
To help, ACP and your fellow members have developed a new series of brief videos that offer practical strategies to cope with daily burdens. Take a few minutes to watch these videos, then share them with a colleague who may need support.
There are over 10 videos in the series that address a wide range of topics, including:
- How Do I Keep Showing Up?
- How Do I Maintain Compassion?
- How Do I Process My Anger?
In this newsletter, we also feature ACP Well-being Champion–created resources—including podcasts—to help with self-care and ways to connect with others who share your experience.
ACP is committed to supporting you and the entire internal medicine community during these challenging times and always. Let's weather the storm together.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for more resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Watch a new series of brief videos developed by ACP and your fellow members that offer strategies to cope with daily burdens. Take a few minutes to watch these videos, then share them with a colleague who may need support.
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub to learn more about individual and organizational resources and information to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Amplify well-being podcasts and connect through narrative medicine events developed by your fellow Champions.
- Learn actionable tools that meet you where you are to advocate and support yours and your colleagues' mental health. Plus, discover steps on how to proactively change inappropriate credentialing application questions.
- Check out ACP toolkits on implementing and sustaining change, including team-based clinical care models.
- Review the New Vision of the CMS Innovation Center and how it aligns with ACP's priorities for payment systems and other Patients Before Paperwork initiative updates.
- Pin the Well-being and Professional Fulfillment webpage to your MYACP today (top right of the page).
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!