Pathway 2 — The Physician with a Commitment to Continuing Education
- Significant and continuing educational activity, such as
- Recertification in internal medicine; or
- Subspecialty certification; or
- Participation in the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment ProgramŽ (MKSAP) for CME credit; or
- Certificates of special competence in adolescent medicine, critical care medicine, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, geriatrics, or sports medicine; or
- Advanced degrees such as PhD, MBA, or MPH
- Teaching, both institutional and community-based
Note: Exceptional candidates with outstanding scholarly and/or teaching and/or community activities may qualify under this pathway even without fulfilling the recertification, subspecialty certification, or MKSAP requirement.
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Recommend ACP Membership to your colleagues and earn a significant discount on your membership dues or even free membership. Help strengthen the voice of internal medicine!