Understanding Internal Medicine: A Guide for Medical Students
- Understand the definition
- Examine the history
- Learn about the structure
- Explore your possible interest
- Find out what else internists do
- Review frequently asked questions about internal medicine
- Review tips on developing your third-year schedule
- Begin preparing for clinical rotations
- Prepare for your basic medicine clerkship
- Prepare for your subinternship
- Consider how internal medicine works at your medical school
Internal Medicine Interest Group Resources
ACP has created several resources for students to use during interest group activities and to help recruit for Medical Student Membership.
Council of Student Members
The ACP Council of Student Members was formed to address the needs of medical students and represent the interests of approximately 29,000 Medical Student Members.
CSM Call for Nominations
Respond by: November 14, 2014
Advocates for Internal Medicine Network
Sign-up to become a Advocate for Internal Medicine and help ACP with its advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill.
ACP's Special Interest Groups
Connect with other ACP members through these members-only groups that promote community and networking through lively online discussions. Special group for Medical Students.
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.