ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides early career internists with training and resources to prepare them for leadership roles in the healthcare setting. In partnership the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), ACP offers a variety of options for formal leadership development.
- Coursework includes live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules.
- ACP Members receive the ACPE member rate on all courses and an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Fill gaps in your knowledge and build your CV while earning CME.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses can be used toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE).
- Roll your work into a master’s program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Learn More & Register for Courses
Visit ACPE's website to learn more and register for any of ACPE's healthcare specific leadership courses. Prices on this page reflect the ACP discount.
- Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more.
Register for “The Art of Leadership” pre-course at Internal Medicine 2014, which focuses on leadership within internal medicine.
- Topics include management skills, building effective work teams, and more.
Get Involved! Enhance Your Leadership Skills with ACP
- Check with your ACP chapter for local leadership development activities, including workshops and opportunities to both participate in and lead local committees.
- Enroll in the Advocates for Internal Medicine Network.
- Volunteer to be on the Abstract Review Board to judge National Abstract Competition submissions.
- Sign up to be an on-site poster judge at the Internal Medicine Meeting; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facilitate, judge, or assist with the national Doctor’s Dilemma Competition.
- Register with ACP’s Mentoring Database to become a mentor for young physicians and/or trainees.
- Consider submitting your name for consideration to serve on a national committee, council, or advisory team.
Current/Past LEAD Participants
Members with questions about the ACP Leadership Academy may email ACP at LEAD@acponline.org.
Have questions about the new ABIM MOC Program?
One Click to Confidence - Free to members
ACP Smart Medicine is a new, online clinical decision support tool specifically for internal medicine. Get rapid point-of-care access to evidence-based clinical recommendations and guidelines. Plus, users can easily earn CME credit. Learn more