ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides early career internists with training and resources to prepare them for leadership roles in the healthcare setting. In partnership the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), ACP offers a variety of options for formal leadership development.
- Coursework includes live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules.
- ACP Members receive the ACPE member rate on all courses and an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Fill gaps in your knowledge and build your CV while earning CME.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses can be used toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE).
- Roll your work into a master’s program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Learn More & Register for Courses
Visit ACPE's website to learn more and register for any of ACPE's healthcare specific leadership courses. Prices on this page reflect the ACP discount. Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more.
A new group of instructor-led courses begin on September 14, so be sure to register soon:
- Managing Physician Performance
- Techniques of Financial Decision Making
- Three Faces of Quality
- See the full list of courses, including self-study options you can start at any time
Get Involved! Enhance Your Leadership Skills with ACP
- Check with your ACP chapter for local leadership development activities, including workshops and opportunities to both participate in and lead local committees.
- Enroll in the Advocates for Internal Medicine Network.
- Volunteer to be on the Abstract Review Board to judge National Abstract Competition submissions.
- Sign up to be an on-site poster judge at the Internal Medicine Meeting; email email@example.com.
- Facilitate, judge, or assist with the national Doctor’s Dilemma Competition.
- Register with ACP’s Mentoring Database to become a mentor for young physicians and/or trainees.
- Consider submitting your name for consideration to serve on a national committee, council, or advisory team.
Current/Past LEAD Participants
Members with questions about the ACP Leadership Academy may email ACP at LEAD@acponline.org.
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.