ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides early career internists with training and resources to prepare them for leadership roles in the healthcare setting. In partnership the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), ACP offers a variety of options for formal leadership development.
- Coursework includes live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules.
- ACP Members receive the ACPE member rate on all courses and an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Fill gaps in your knowledge and build your CV while earning CME.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses can be used toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE).
- Roll your work into a master’s program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Learn More & Register for Courses
Visit ACPE's website to learn more and register for any of ACPE's healthcare specific leadership courses. Prices on this page reflect the ACP discount.
- Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more.
Register for “The Art of Leadership” pre-course at Internal Medicine 2014, which focuses on leadership within internal medicine.
- Topics include management skills, building effective work teams, and more.
Get Involved! Enhance Your Leadership Skills with ACP
- Check with your ACP chapter for local leadership development activities, including workshops and opportunities to both participate in and lead local committees.
- Enroll in the Advocates for Internal Medicine Network.
- Volunteer to be on the Abstract Review Board to judge National Abstract Competition submissions.
- Sign up to be an on-site poster judge at the Internal Medicine Meeting; email email@example.com.
- Facilitate, judge, or assist with the national Doctor’s Dilemma Competition.
- Register with ACP’s Mentoring Database to become a mentor for young physicians and/or trainees.
- Consider submitting your name for consideration to serve on a national committee, council, or advisory team.
Current/Past LEAD Participants
Members with questions about the ACP Leadership Academy may email ACP at LEAD@acponline.org.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!