ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides early career internists with training and resources to prepare them for leadership roles in the healthcare setting. In partnership the American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), ACP offers a variety of options for formal leadership development.
- Coursework includes live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules.
- ACP Members receive the ACPE member rate on all courses and an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Fill gaps in your knowledge and build your CV while earning CME.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses can be used toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE).
- Roll your work into a master’s program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Learn More & Register for Courses
Visit ACPE's website to learn more and register for any of ACPE's healthcare specific leadership courses. Prices on this page reflect the ACP discount.
- Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more.
Register for “The Art of Leadership” pre-course at Internal Medicine 2014, which focuses on leadership within internal medicine.
- Topics include management skills, building effective work teams, and more.
Enhance Your Leadership Skills Locally
Check with your ACP chapter for local leadership development activities, including workshops and opportunities to both participate in and lead local committees..
Current/Past LEAD Participants
The ACP LEAD program is being phased out. You have two options:
- Roll your LEAD activities into the ACP Leadership Academy--All LEAD activities completed through June 30, 2014 may be rolled into the ACP Leadership Academy program and used for up to 22 credits as prerequisites for certification as an ACPE Certified Physician Executive (CPE). To receive credit for your completed activities, please email ACP at LEAD@acponline.org by December 31, 2013. Applications for credit transfer will not be accepted after this date.
- Continue with the LEAD program--If you anticipate completing the necessary requirements by June 30, 2014 and still wish to receive an ACP LEAD Certificate, you must declare your intent by emailing ACP at LEAD@acponline.org by December 31, 2013. Applications for ACP LEAD certificates will not be accepted after this date. Learn more.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16 to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper! How would you handle this case? Watch the video and take the CME quiz.