Jobs at the American College of Physicians (ACP).
We have offices in downtown Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC.
- No open positions at this time
Associate, Performance Measurement
Department: Clinical Policy
Oversees all activities related to performance measurement, including the review of performance measures relevant to the practice of internal medicine, the development and dissemination of policy papers related to performance measurement, and education of ACP Governance and ACP membership regarding the Collegeís activities in the arena of performance measurement. Acts as staff liaison to the Performance Measurement Committee (PMC) to provide strategic direction in conjunction with the Clinical Policy Director, develop meeting agendas and agenda materials, and ensure that all action items are implemented. On behalf of the PMC acts as a College representative to external developers of performances measures, such as AQA, AMA PCPI, NQF, and CMS and to College committees and governance, such as the Clinical Guidelines Committee, the Board of Regents, and the Board of Governors.
- PhD, Masterís degree, or clinical degree (RN, NP, or PA etc.) required with a minimum of five years work experience in performance measurement, quality improvement, or health services research.
- Understanding of application of performance measures using health information technology, particularly electronic health record systems, in the ambulatory or hospital environments.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills with a track record of published articles in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in using the internet to search for performance measures.
- Experience facilitating large committees or work groups desired. Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter is essential.
Provides administrative support for Annalsí Executive Deputy Editor, Deputy Editors and Managing Editor. Assists with tasks related to In the Clinic, coordinates weekly manuscipt conference, performs literature searches, and updates departmental reports.
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet searches. Must be able to perform complex searches using Medline and Pub med databases. Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred. Demonstrated organizational skills also required.
New Video: Navigating the Maze of a Job Search
This presentation helps you determine your professional and personal interests, write a CV and cover letter, and prepare for an interview.