Health Information Technology
Greater use of health information technology (HIT), electronic health records, and e-prescribing can improve patient care quality and increase efficiency.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- Letter to Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, and CMS regarding College concerns with the Meaningful Use program (12-Sep-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC/CMS Request for Comment - Advancing Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (17-Apr-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC's Health IT Patient Safety Action & Surveillance Plan (4-Feb-13)
- ACP Feedback Letter on the Physician Compare Website Redesign 2013 (16-Jan-13)
- ACP Comments Regarding Stage 3 Meaningful Use Measures Proposed by the HITPC (14-Jan-13)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (October 2011)
- EHR – Based Quality Measurement & Reporting: Critical for Meaningful Use and Health Care Improvement (April 2010)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (April 2009)
- E-Health and Its Impact on Medical Practice (May 2008)
- Search the Library
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
A New Proposal for Medicare Payments
November 22, 2013
- The Year-End Push for a Medicare Payment Fix
November 8, 2013
The Shutdown Ends and the Insurance Marketplace Rollout Begins
October 25, 2013