Public Policy & Advocacy
Indiana ACP Services - 501(c)(6)
Announcement of Formation of the Indiana ACP Services (501c6)
If you are interested in becoming more involved with the Chapter or the Indiana ACP Services, please contact Donna Seawards, Executive Director of the Indiana Chapter, at email@example.com.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- An Internistís Practical Guide to Understanding Health System Reform- practical resource guide for internists on recently-enacted health care reform legislation and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Legislative Action Center
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 8/22/14
- Upcoming Webinar: New Indiana Opioid Prescribing Rules Update
6:30 pm EDT on August 26th
- Upcoming Webinar: Avoiding Pitfalls in Completing Credentialing & Licensing Applications
6:30 pm EDT on Sept. 10th
- Juleps in July Event for Women Physicians
6:30-8:30 pm on July 30th
- Save the Date! 2014 Indiana Chapter Meeting
Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2014
- Call for Abstracts for 2014 Indiana Chapter Meeting
- Governor's Newsletter - August 2014
- Download handouts from the 2013 IN Chapter Meeting
- Indiana Chapter Webinar Playbacks Now Available
- Indiana Medicaid Prior Authorization Form
- Member Accomplishments
Indiana Chapter Governor:
J. Matthew Neal, MD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FACE
(765) 747-4350; Fax (765) 751-1451
4319 West Clara Lane, PMB #288
Muncie, Indiana 47304