Welcome from the Chapter Governor
We are pleased to welcome you to the Florida Chapter's Web site. This represents our newest link to internists in Florida and the nation. We are committed to improving our ability to communicate with members and nonmembers alike.
ACP is the nation's largest medical specialty organization. ACP, founded in 1915, and ASIM, founded in 1956 merged in July of 1998. Membership comprises more than 133,000 internal medicine physicians and medical students. Internists provide the majority of health care to adults in America.
We will continue to develop our chapter site to meet the educational, political, organizational, and communications needs of Florida internists. To accomplish this, we will need your feedback. Feel free to contact us by clicking on the Florida Chapter Leadership link on the right.
Michael A. Zimmer, MD, FACP
President and Governor, Florida Chapter
Michelle L. Rossi, MD, FACP
Governor, Florida Chapter
- Save the Date! FL Chapter Meeting
October 4-6, 2013
- First Issue of "News & Notes" from Florida's Internal Medicine Residency Programs
- December 2012 Governors' Newsletter
- New Governor-elect
- 2013 Florida Chapter Legislative Agenda
- FL Grassroots Advocacy Center
- View presentations from 2012 Florida Chapter Meeting
- Florida Chapter Wins Permanent Injunction Against Physician Gag Law
- Florida Chapter receives 2013 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- Member Accomplishments