Welcome to the California Chapter Web Site
ACP is the nation's largest medical specialty organization. ACP, founded in 1915, and ASIM, founded in 1956 merged in July of 1998. Membership comprises 141,000 internal medicine physicians and medical students. Internists provide the majority of health care to adults in America.
Internists (doctors for adults) in California are represented by four California Chapters to speak for Internal Medicine in our state and to reflect the interests and concerns of our specialty. If you are an internist in California but are not yet an ACP member, we invite you to browse our site to learn more about the College and the regional activities in our area.
As Governors, we have the responsibility of representing our Regions to the national organization; encouraging internists in our state to become members and members to advance to Fellowship; recognizing members; encouraging input and action on national and local political issues effecting the environment of internal medicine; hosting local scientific meetings and CME events; and encouraging medical student members and Associates (i.e., residents) to participate in local and national College activities.
Any suggestions you might have for what should be included in our Web site are encouraged. Similarly, we would like to hear any suggestions you have for how the ACP California Chapters might help make us better physicians and improve the quality of the professional life of internists.
We hope that you will visit this site frequently and enjoy its contents.
Gordon L. Fung, MD, FACP
Governor, California Northern
Soma Wali, MD, FACP
Governor, California Southern I
Debra L. Stottlemyer, MD, MBA, FACP
Governor, California Southern II
Howard V. Williams, MD, FACP
Governor, California Southern III
Page updated: 07-08-14f
- 2014 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements Southern California Region I Chapter
- 2014 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Vision Statements Southern California Region II Chapter
- Southern California Region III July 2014 Newsletter
- 2014 Southern California Chapters Scientific Meeting
October 18-19, 2014
- 2014 Northern California Chapter Scientific Meeting
November 21-13, 2014
- Southern California Region I July 2014 Newsletter
- Southern California Region II July 2014 Newsletter
- California Services Spring-Summer 2014 Newsletter
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly