Health Information Technology
Greater use of health information technology (HIT), electronic health records, and e-prescribing can improve patient care quality and increase efficiency.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP Comment Letter: Meaningful Use Stage 2 proposed modifications NPRM (15-Jun-15)
- ACP Comments on the 2015 Edition of Certification Criteria Proposed Rule (29-May-15)
- ACP Comments on the Meaningful Use Stage 3 Proposed Rule (28-May-15)
- ACP Letter to ONC Coordinator Dr. Karen DeSalvo Regarding a Proposed Minimum Clinical Data Set Definition (7-May-15)
- ACP Comments on discussion draft legislation, "Ensuring Interoperability of Qualified Electronic Health Records" (8-Apr-15)
- ACP Comment Letter to ONC on the Shared Nationwide Interoperability Roadmap; Draft Version 1.0 (2-Apr-15)
- Policy Positions from ACP's Paper on Clinical Documentation in the 21st Century
- Joint Sign-on Letter Regarding Concerns Over CMS's Implementation Impending of ICD-10 (4-Mar-15)
- ACP comments on the Office of the National Coordinator's draft version of the Federal Health IT Strategic Plan for 2015-2020 (30-Jan-15)
- ACP letter of support for H.R. 5481, the Flexibility in Health IT Reporting (Flex-IT) Act of 2014 (22-Oct-14)
- ACP Letter to Senate HELP and Finance Comittees, ONC, and CMS regarding Stage 3 of Meaningful Use (23-Sep-14)
- ACP Comments on the ONC's 10-Year Vision to Achieve an Interoperable Health IT Infrastructure (8-Sep-14)
- ACP Letter to the Senate Finance Committee on Health Care Data (15-Aug-14)
- ACP Comment Letter on the House Energy & Commerce Committee's "21st Century Cures - Digital Care" White Paper (22-July-14)
- ACP Comment Letter on the Proposed Rule for CEHRT Flexibility and MU Stage 2 Delay (20-Jun-14)
- ACP comments on proposed 2015 CEHRT criteria (4-24-14)
- ACP Concerns Regarding Efforts to Increase Meaningful Electronic Health Record Implementation (3-Feb-14)
- Letter to Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, and CMS regarding College concerns with the Meaningful Use program (12-Sep-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC/CMS Request for Comment - Advancing Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (17-Apr-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC's Health IT Patient Safety Action & Surveillance Plan (4-Feb-13)
- ACP Feedback Letter on the Physician Compare Website Redesign 2013 (16-Jan-13)
- ACP Comments Regarding Stage 3 Meaningful Use Measures Proposed by the HITPC (14-Jan-13)
- Clinical Documentation in the 21st Century (January 2015)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (October 2011)
- EHR – Based Quality Measurement & Reporting: Critical for Meaningful Use and Health Care Improvement (April 2010)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (April 2009)
- E-Health and Its Impact on Medical Practice (May 2008)
- Search the Library
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Putting to Rest the "Death Panel" Lie
- Tuesday, July 21, 2015
ACP and the "LGBT Agenda"
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Supreme Court: "Congress passed the ACA to improve health insurance markets, not to destroy them."
- Thursday, June 25, 2015