Health Information Technology
Greater use of health information technology (HIT), electronic health records, and e-prescribing can improve patient care quality and increase efficiency.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP Comment Letter on the House Energy & Commerce Committee's "21st Century Cures - Digital Care" White Paper (22-July-14)
- ACP Comment Letter on the Proposed Rule for CEHRT Flexibility and MU Stage 2 Delay (20-Jun-14)
- ACP comments on proposed 2015 CEHRT criteria (4-24-14)
- ACP Concerns Regarding Efforts to Increase Meaningful Electronic Health Record Implementation (3-Feb-14)
- Letter to Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, and CMS regarding College concerns with the Meaningful Use program (12-Sep-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC/CMS Request for Comment - Advancing Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (17-Apr-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC's Health IT Patient Safety Action & Surveillance Plan (4-Feb-13)
- ACP Feedback Letter on the Physician Compare Website Redesign 2013 (16-Jan-13)
- ACP Comments Regarding Stage 3 Meaningful Use Measures Proposed by the HITPC (14-Jan-13)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (October 2011)
- EHR – Based Quality Measurement & Reporting: Critical for Meaningful Use and Health Care Improvement (April 2010)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (April 2009)
- E-Health and Its Impact on Medical Practice (May 2008)
- Search the Library
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
- Advocating for Medicaid Pay Parity, Primary Care Medicare Bonus, and
Addressing the VA Scandal
June 27, 2014
Scrutinizing Health Plan Adequacy Standards, Data on Gifts and Grants
to Physicians, ACP Honors...
June 13, 2014
Highlights from this Year's Annual Leadership Day, and a First Quarter
Rise in Health Care Spending
May 30, 2014