Health Information Technology
Greater use of health information technology (HIT), electronic health records, and e-prescribing can improve patient care quality and increase efficiency.
Learn more about ACP's recommendations and actions to support internists.
- ACP letter of support for H.R. 5481, the Flexibility in Health IT Reporting (Flex-IT) Act of 2014 (22-Oct-14)
- ACP Letter to Senate HELP and Finance Comittees, ONC, and CMS regarding Stage 3 of Meaningful Use (23-Sep-14)
- ACP Comments on the ONC's 10-Year Vision to Achieve an Interoperable Health IT Infrastructure (8-Sep-14)
- ACP Letter to the Senate Finance Committee on Health Care Data (15-Aug-14)
- ACP Comment Letter on the House Energy & Commerce Committee's "21st Century Cures - Digital Care" White Paper (22-July-14)
- ACP Comment Letter on the Proposed Rule for CEHRT Flexibility and MU Stage 2 Delay (20-Jun-14)
- ACP comments on proposed 2015 CEHRT criteria (4-24-14)
- ACP Concerns Regarding Efforts to Increase Meaningful Electronic Health Record Implementation (3-Feb-14)
- Letter to Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for HIT, and CMS regarding College concerns with the Meaningful Use program (12-Sep-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC/CMS Request for Comment - Advancing Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (17-Apr-13)
- ACP Comments on ONC's Health IT Patient Safety Action & Surveillance Plan (4-Feb-13)
- ACP Feedback Letter on the Physician Compare Website Redesign 2013 (16-Jan-13)
- ACP Comments Regarding Stage 3 Meaningful Use Measures Proposed by the HITPC (14-Jan-13)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (October 2011)
- EHR – Based Quality Measurement & Reporting: Critical for Meaningful Use and Health Care Improvement (April 2010)
- Health Information Technology & Privacy (April 2009)
- E-Health and Its Impact on Medical Practice (May 2008)
- Search the Library
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Are we about to see the death of fee-for-service?
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Martin Luther King and the Moral Case for Medicaid Expansion
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015
How's that? New GOP-controlled Congress wants to raise the deficit and put more people in government health care?
- Thursday, January 8, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
The ACA's 2015 Challenges, ACP on Clinical Documentation, and Ending
Site of Service Fees
January 23, 2015
States Tackle Pay Parity & Medicaid Expansion, ACA Programs Helping Cut
January 9, 2015
- ACP Members in Congress and Medicare Payment Cuts on the Horizon
December 19, 2014