Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program
Improving Quality Patient Care Through Accurate Diagnostic Testing
The mission of Medical Laboratory Evaluation (MLE) is to administer a service-oriented laboratory proficiency testing program that provides the technical and educational tools necessary to assess, monitor and improve the quality of laboratory testing.
For over 40 years, MLE, a service of the American College of Physicians, has provided reliable, user-friendly lab proficiency testing (PT) services at a substantial cost savings for those labs that perform diagnostic testing where blood and bodily fluids are drawn. Our clients include a wide array of public and private clinical laboratories in over 50 countries.
MLE is approved by CMS, COLA, TJC, US state agencies and International regulatory bodies.
Are you CAP accredited? Whether you use MLE as your primary or secondary laboratory proficiency testing provider, you'll save on PT for the CAP accepted analytes that we offer and we'll even waive the annual administration fee your first year with us! When you order, select discount offer #10.
Why Choose MLE for Lab Proficiency Testing?
- First-class White Glove Customer Service and Technical Support
- Cost-effective “add-ons”
- Only 3 shipments per year
- Discount offers and Price Matching Option
- ACP Membership Discount--MLE waives the annual administration fee of $85 to any organization that has an ACP member on staff.
- Discounts for Multiple Facilities and Consultant Affiliation
- Discounts for U.S. Federal Agencies Worldwide
- Off-Schedule Proficiency Testing—Available to every laboratory, regardless of MLE enrollment status
- Online Capabilities
- Online result reporting
- Evaluation reports—Access reports from 2006 to present
- Participant Summaries—Print the entire summary or only the pages you need
- FREE continuing education courses
Related Laboratory Websites
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS Regional Offices Contact List
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TJC (formerly Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- State Agencies Contact List
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP's recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.