Individual Position Papers
Position papers are statements of ACP policy approved by the College's Board of Regents. Position papers on issues of medical ethics and professionalism developed by the College's Ethics, Professionalism and Human Rights Committee and ACP staff include:
- Policy Recommendations to Guide the Use of Telemedicine in Primary Care Settings: An American College of Physicians Position Paper Recommendations for the Use of Telemedicine in Primary Care Settings
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Online Medical Professionalism: Patient and Public Relationships
Family Caregivers, Patients and Physicians: Ethical Guidance to Optimize Relationships. An online appendix of resources to help physicians manage relationships with patients and caregivers is also available.
Pay-for-Performance Principles that Promote Patient Centered Care: An Ethics Manifesto. A longer version of the paper may be accessed at Pay-for-Performance Principles That Promote Patient Centered Care: An Ethics Manifesto
- The Doctor Will See You Shortly: The Ethical Significance of Time for the Patient-Physician Relationship. A longer version of the paper may be accessed at The Doctor Will See You Shortly: The Ethical Significance of Time for the Patient-Physician Relationship.
- Ethics in Practice: Managed Care and the Changing Health Care Environment
- Physician-Industry Relations. Part 1: Individual Physicians
- Physician-Industry Relations. Part 2: Organizational Issues
- End-of-Life Care Papers
- ACP provides comments to the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues regarding privacy protection and human genome sequencing
Letter to DEA expressing the importance of a continued dialogue between the medical community and the DEA on pain management issues and the need for reasonable, clear and final guidance from the DEA. Press Release, DEA's Response to Charles Francis, MD, FACP, President ACP.
For more information contact Lois Snyder Sulmasy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 215-351-2839.
Where We Stand
From the ACA to Medicare reform, ACP is advocating for internists and their patients on issues we care about.
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP's recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.