Human Subjects Policy & Resources
- ACP Ethics Manual, Sixth Edition Section on Research
- ACP provides comments to the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues regarding privacy protection and human genome sequencing
- Case Study: Industry-Sponsored Trials and Community Doctors
- Position Paper: Cognitively Impaired Subjects
ACP Comments on Advance Notice of Proposed Rule Making
ACP submitted comments to the Office for Human Research Protections of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on "Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators."
“Research in the Physician’s Office:
Navigating the Ethical Minefield”
This article from the March/April 2008 Hastings Center Report illustrates the ethical challenges of conducting research in the office and how to evaluate the appropriateness of participation in clinical trials for the physician in private practice.
Volunteering for a Research Study? is an educational brochure offering information and assistance to anyone who is thinking about volunteering to participate in a research study. The brochure, designed to facilitate conversations between doctors and their patients, is intended for distribution in doctors’ offices and comes in packages of 50.
- Where We Stand: ACP Advocacy Issues
- End-of-Life Care Patient Education Project
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure System
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.