Patient Centered Medical Home Online Resources
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Center for Advancing Health (CFAH – formerly the Center for the Advancement of Health)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicare Medical Home Demonstration (CMS)
- The Commonwealth Fund
- MacColl Institute for Healthcare Innovation
- National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- National Partnership for Women and Families
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Roger C. Lipitz Center for Integrated Health Care
- The Urban Institute (www.urban.org)
- Anthem Foundation
MedHomeInfo: A resource for physicians and practices that want to participate in the Medicare Medical Home Demonstration (MMHD). This resource is being provided through a grant from the John A. Hartford Foundation to the Roger C. Lipitz Center for Integrated Health Care at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Policymaker and Researcher Information
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) PCMH : Provides objective information to policymakers and researchers on the medical home, including a searchable database of publications and other relevant resources.
Consumer and Patient Information
- Introduction to the Patient-Centered Medical Home: A multimedia program that was developed to help explain this innovative model of healthcare to consumers. The program is the result of a collaboration between the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative and Emmi Solutions®.
- Primary Care: A Miracle of Modern Medicine: This brochure is a collaboration between Thomas Bodenheimer at the Center for Excellence in Primary Care at the Department of Family and Community Medicine at University of California, San Francisco; and the John D. Stoeckle Center for Primary Care Innovation at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- National Partnership for Women and Families Medical Home Principles: A broad coalition of more than 25 of the nation's leading consumer, labor, and health care advocacy groups developed a set of principles designed to help health care providers, lawmakers, employers, and health plans consider consumer interests as they develop delivery system reforms such as the medical home.
- Creating a Patient Guide for a “Medical Home” Physician Practice: A resource by the Center for the Advancement of Health to assist medical home practices with creating a simple guide for their patients. This guide will allow the consumer to have a greater understanding of the services offered and how they can benefit from them.
PCMH Purchaser Guide - The Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC), a coalition representing the country's national business leaders, consumer groups, organizations representing primary care physicians and other health care stakeholders, released its Purchaser Guide to the patient-centered medical home.
The Purchaser Guide is a handbook for understanding the medical home model and taking action to advance its implementation. The guide provides supporting research, action steps, contracting language, and sample RFI language for employers/purchasers.
Do You Need Help Becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home?
New Study: Total Cost of Care Lower among Medicare Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries Receiving Care from Patient-Centered Medical Homes
August 9, 2014: A new, independent research study, conducted by RTI International and published in the Health Services Research journal, adds to the evidence that accredited patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) deliver lower cost and drive more appropriate health care utilization. The study focused on participants in the Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) program, comparing 308 PCMHs recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) with a sample of nearly 2,000 non-accredited PCMHs across three years, beginning in July of 2008.
Recognized PCMH Practices
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.