Medicare Shared Savings ACO Program
The Affordable Care Act requires the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish a shared savings program to facilitate coordination and cooperation among providers to improve the quality of care for Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries and reduce unnecessary costs.
ACP has assembled a set of materials and information about Medicare Shared Savings/ ACO Program to assist you in following its implementation:
- Detailed Summary – Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program
- Summary and Analysis of Final Medicare ACO Rule
- ACP's Summary and Analysis of CMS' Proposed Accountable Care Organization Rules (Nov. 2014)
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Application - Information about the program, CMS application materials and key deadlines for prospective accountable care organizations (ACO) interested in applying for the Medicare Shared Savings Program.
- CMS' Proposed Changes to Accountable Care Organization Regulations (Nov. 2014)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Final Rule (published, October 19, 2011 in the Federal Registrar)
- CMS Medicare Shared Savings/Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Program Proposed Rule (published in April 7, 2011 Federal Register)
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.