New Practice Checklist
The following is a list of items you should have in hand when you begin entry into the job market. You should be aware that some processes are lengthy and should be started during your last year of residency if possible.
1. Diplomas, Certificates, and Licenses
- Photocopy all diplomas, certificates, and licenses before they are framed. Keep master copies in a separate file. You will be asked to provide copies of these documents throughout your career.
2. Required Licenses
- Local business
3. Employee Management Requirements
5. Payer Credentialing
6. Hospital Credentialing
- Decide on the hospitals where you want to be credentialed
- Have recommendations, copies of diploma, residency certificate licenses, board certification (if available)
- DEA numbers
- Documentation of experience with desired procedures
- BLS and/or ACLS certificates
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Career Advice Videos
Got 3 minutes? Get prepared for your job search with these short videos.
Watch Videos (ACP Members Only)
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Earn CME Credits with ACP
ACP offers internists many CME options for the completion of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. Attend live meetings, work online, or watch course recordings on your own schedule.
Explore our many CME credit options.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
The Next-Generation Clinical Information Resource
DynaMed Plus is a collaboration between ACP and EBSCO Health. ACP members enjoy free access to this comprehensive tool that optimizes time to answer for busy clinicians, like you. Get started now!