New Practice Checklist
The following is a list of items you should have in hand when you begin entry into the job market. You should be aware that some processes are lengthy and should be started during your last year of residency if possible.
1. Diplomas, Certificates, and Licenses
- Photocopy all diplomas, certificates, and licenses before they are framed. Keep master copies in a separate file. You will be asked to provide copies of these documents throughout your career.
2. Required Licenses
- Local business
3. Employee Management Requirements
5. Payer Credentialing
6. Hospital Credentialing
- Decide on the hospitals where you want to be credentialed
- Have recommendations, copies of diploma, residency certificate licenses, board certification (if available)
- DEA numbers
- Documentation of experience with desired procedures
- BLS and/or ACLS certificates
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Career Advice Videos
Got 3 minutes? Get prepared for your job search with these short videos.
Watch Videos (ACP Members Only)
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP's recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.