You are here
Physician Suicide and Depression Resources
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 and crisis text line at 741-741
Our goal, not to lose one.” — Thomas J. Nasca, MD, MACP
Annually in September, a day is dedicated to National Physician Suicide Awareness (NPSA Day) to commemorate colleagues lost to suicide and to raise awareness about the issue by shedding light on it. Through this, we hope that we will lessen the stigma for physicians and all other clinicians to speak about their struggles either privately or openly and seek help.
My loved one needs help
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 and crisis text line at 741-741
- American Federation for Suicide Prevention: Steps for When Someone Is at Risk
- ACP NPSA Forum Discussion
- Podcasts & Videos
- AMA Steps Forward: Preventing Physician Distress and Suicide
- Physician & Resident Curriculum
- Blogs & CORD Resources
- NPSA Day Starter Kit
A special thank you to our New York ACP Chapters and Tammy Lin, MD, FACP, for these curated resources.