You are here
Video Visits: Beyond Simple Cases
Sept. 28, 2:00-3:00 pm, ET (via webinar)
Webinar will be recorded and posted here after the event.
Expand your skills and understanding of treating medically-complex patients through video visits. Presenters will demonstrate best practices for conducting a head-to-toe physical exam virtually, discuss the strengths and limitations of TM in managing patients and offer tips for leveraging tools to maximize visit efficacy. Acute care case studies will also be reviewed.
- Explore fundamental concepts in telehealth (TH) such as establishing a virtual exam room space including key elements to improve virtual care quality for patients with hearing and vision impairments.
- Articulate best practices in the virtual physical exam.
- Consider strengths and limitations of telehealth in managing the needs of medically complex patients.
- Leverage existing tools including wearable devices, clinical decision support tools, and pre-visit preparation materials to maximize visit efficacy.
- Identify further educational opportunities and resources to promote continued growth and development for providers of virtual care.
Judy Greengold, MSN, CRNP, FNP
Nurse Practitioner, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
Director, Johns Hopkins Medicine Telemedicine Education Consortium, Faculty, JHU School of Medicine & Armstrong Institute Center for Diagnostic Excellence
Sharon Dlhosh, MD, MPH, FACP
Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
Director, Advanced Ambulatory Clerkship
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Reducing Cognitive Burden in Primary Care with Artificial Intelligence (ACP Tech Hub)
October 12, 2:00 pm ET
Team-based Care and Telemedicine (TM 201 Series)
November 9, 2:00 pm ET
Leveraging Telemedicine for Chronic Disease Management (TM 201 Series)
December 9, 2:00 pm ET
Teaching Telemedicine (TM 201 Series)
January (date/time TBD)