You are here
General Coding Resources
Beginning and advanced coding resources for physicians and office staff, including resources pertaining to ICD-10, videos, forms, and tools.
- Advanced Care Planning
- Coding 201 Video (14:27): This recording provides an overview of code development and the CPT and RUC process.
- Medically Unlikely and Correct Coding Initiative Edits
- 2013 Changes in Application of Medically Unlikely Edits
- Transitional Care Management (TCM) Codes
- Chronic Care Management Tool Kit
- CMS' Chronic Care Management Services Fact Sheet
- Coding and Billing for Internists' Services: Challenges and Opportunities
Tools and Forms
- Coding for Internists: The Basics (login required)
- Evaluation and Management Service Codes: Selecting and Documenting Appropriate Levels of Service
- How to Complete a Coding Audit
- Patient Care Documentation Forms
- Billing & Coding Adult Immunizations
- Understanding the RUC Survey
- Template for Physician Letter for Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)
- Clinical Chart Abstraction Tool
Medicare Web-Based Education Tools
- CMS Provider Minutes These short video tips can help practices properly submit claims with sufficient documentation in order to receive correct payment the first time.
- CMS Web-based Training (WBT) Courses Includes documents and quizzes on topics such as coding and billing, avoiding fraud and abuse, and more. Courses may be started and continued at any time. CME credit provided for on-line format courses. Under "Related Links" click "Web-Based Training (WBT) Courses" to register and access site.
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations