Resident/Fellow Members whose dues are paid are automatically advanced to Membership in the College upon certification in internal medicine, a combined internal medicine specialty, or neurology, or submission of a copy of their residency completion certificate from an approved program. Resident/Fellow Members may choose not to advance to Membership, or may request an extension of Resident/Fellow Membership if they are in or accepted into a fellowship training program, in lieu of automatic election to Membership.
Residents & Fellows-in-training within the United States
- If you were previously registered with ACP but not a current member, please login and complete an Resident/Fellow Membership application
- If you are a former ACP Resident/Fellow Member and still in residency or fellowship training, please request for reinstatement.
- If you are new to ACP, begin the Resident/Fellow Membership application process or download the Resident/Fellow Membership Application
Residents & Fellows-in-training outside of the United States
- If living in a country without an ACP chapter: a supplemental form must be submitted.
- If you are new to ACP, begin the Resident/Fellow Membership application process
- If you are previously registered with ACP but not a current member, please login and complete an Resident/Fellow Membership application
- If you cannot register online, you can download and print the International application
- For those living in Japan, please visit the ACP Japan Chapter website
Benefits for Residents and Fellows-in-training
ACP Resident/Fellow Members enjoy a variety of benefits that enhance their professional life, and have access to some of the most advanced electronic products and services for internists. With an ACP Resident/Fellow Membership, members are eligible for substantial discounts on many of the College's programs, products, and services.
ACP’s Resident/Fellow Membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. Dues rates prorated and are valid through June 30, 2016.
General Information & Requirements
Individuals may apply for an ACP Resident/Fellow Membership if they have been accepted for or are currently training in:
- An accredited postgraduate program of internal medicine
- An accredited postgraduate program of medicine pediatrics
- A fellowship program in a subspecialty of internal medicine
Those who are serving obligatory military or public health service before completing postgraduate training in internal medicine or medicine pediatrics are also eligible.
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Have Questions About Dues Rates?
ACP Fellowship (FACP)
Internists and subspecialists who have been recognized for personal integrity, superior competence, professional accomplishment, and demonstrated scholarship may be eligible to become an ACP Fellow.