The diverse ACP international membership extends across the globe, with members from more than 125 countries. In addition, ACP has a local presence with established chapters in Brazil, Canada, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Gulf, India, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Southeast Asia, and Venezuela.
Membership Types and Eligibility
Physicians who reside in a region with an ACP chapter, and who are certified in internal medicine, a combined program, or in neurology are eligible for ACP Membership. If not certified, physicians may submit proof that they completed training in a post-graduate medical residency program in internal medicine, a combined program or in neurology. Certification in internal medicine is required for physicians living in Canada and Japan.
- New members: Begin the membership application process *
- Former members: Complete a reinstatement form
- Existing members: Login now to renew your dues
- Physicians living in Japan: Begin the membership application process
- New members requiring a print application: Download here
*Physicians who are not certified in internal medicine, a combined program, or in neurology and who reside outside of an ACP Chapter, please submit a Membership Sponsoring Form with your New Member application. Please contact the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
Physicians holding a current active medical license who graduated from a medical school found in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and who are not trained in internal medicine are eligible to apply for Physician Affiliate membership.
Physician Affiliate membership is not available to physicians living in Japan.
- New Physician Affiliate members: Download and complete an application
Physicians currently in an accredited training program in internal medicine, a combined program, neurology, or a fellowship in a subspecialty of internal medicine are eligible to apply.
- New Resident/Fellow Members: Begin the membership application process
- Former Resident/Fellow Members: Complete a reinstatement form
- Existing Resident/Fellow Members: Login now to renew your dues
- New Resident/Fellow Members requiring a print application: Download here
- New Resident/Fellow Members requiring a sponsorship form: Download here
If you are a medical student enrolled in a medical school included in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), you are eligible to join the American College of Physicians.
- New Medical Student Members: Begin the membership application process
Dues and Fees
ACP’s membership year runs from July 1 to June 30 each year. Dues are pro-rated and are valid through June 30, 2016.
Log in to My Membership to pay your dues, change your address, and search the Membership Directory.
Have Questions About Dues Rates?
ACP Fellowship (FACP)
Internists and subspecialists who have been recognized for personal integrity, superior competence, professional accomplishment, and demonstrated scholarship may be eligible to become an ACP Fellow.