Understanding Internal Medicine: A Guide for Medical Students
- Understand the definition
- Examine the history
- Learn about the structure
- Explore your possible interest
- Find out what else internists do
- Review frequently asked questions about internal medicine
- Review tips on developing your third-year schedule
- Begin preparing for clinical rotations
- Prepare for your basic medicine clerkship
- Prepare for your subinternship
- Consider how internal medicine works at your medical school
- Watch the webinar: What is Internal Medicine Anyway?
Internal Medicine Interest Group Resources
ACP has created several resources for students to use during interest group activities and to help recruit for Medical Student Membership.
Council of Student Members
The ACP Council of Student Members was formed to address the needs of medical students and represent the interests of approximately 29,000 Medical Student Members.
Advocates for Internal Medicine Network
Sign-up to become a Advocate for Internal Medicine and help ACP with its advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill.
ACP's Special Interest Groups
Connect with other ACP members through these members-only groups that promote community and networking through lively online discussions. Special group for Medical Students.
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
IM Essentials brings the self-assessment questions currently in MKSAP for Students and the textbook content of Internal Medicine Essentials for Clerkship Students together into a single, updated and integrated suite of educational materials with a variety of new enhancements. Learn more.