Winning Abstracts from the Medical Student Abstract Competition
- Understanding the Stories of "Super-Utilizer" Patients through Hotspotting on Tobacco Road: An Interprofessional Narrative-Based Approach to Reduce Rehospitalizations and Provide High Value Cost Conscious Care
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Health Education Materials How Effective are Online Education Sources?
- Buried Balloon: a novel complication from percutaneous radiologic gastrostomy tube placement
- Fever of Unknown Origin: Sometimes a Zebra is a Zebra
- Primary Vaginal Melanoma: An Incidental Finding on Routine Pelvic Examination
- A Classic Disease Often Forgotten in Modern America
- Diffuse lymphadenopathy and weight loss of unknown etiology: A case of HLH in the
- Poster Winners
- ACP Celebrates Young Achievers
- Podium Presenters for the ACP Internal Medicine Meeting 2015
- The effect of an Individual's Race, Age, and Gender on how They View Exemption from Informed Consent
- The Bloody Aortic Stenosis: A Case of Heyde Snydrome
- Exploring Challenges and Policy Solutions for improving access to healthcare for vulnerable populations: Lessons from the UK National Health Service
- The Prevalence and Correlates of Lifetime Mental Disorders and Trauma Exposures in Urban and Rural Settings: Results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)
- The Clock is Ticking: Improving general medicine discharge communication timeliness
- Zoledronate Inhibits Cell Membrane Repair
- Association Between Outpatient No-shows and Subsequent Clinical Outcomes
- Extensive Arterial and Venous Thrombi as a Presentation of Hypereosinophilic Syndrome with a Unique Complication of Hemolytic Anemia and Poor Response to Treatment
- Infliximab Induced Severe Hypertriglyceridemia and Eruptive Xanthomas
- Influenza vaccine induced CNS demyelination in a fifty year old male
- Internal Medicine 2014 Medical Student Abstract Winners
- ACP Congratulates Young Achievers
- Flatbush Diabetes or Idiopathic Type-1 Diabetes or Atypical Diabetes
- Olmesartan: An Unusual Cause of Celiac Sprue-like Enteropathy
December '13/January '14
- Liraglutide (GLP-1 Receptor Agonist) is a Useful Adjunct with Insulin in the Treatment of a Rodent Model of Type 1 Diabetes
- Legal Needs among Urban Safety Net Clinic Patients
- The Relationship Between Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D And Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Successful treatment of Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis with Selective Brain Hypothermia during Whole Lung Lavage
- Secondary Syphilis: Much More Than a Rash
- West Nile Virus Associated Flaccid Paralysis
- A Bundle Approach to Improving Opioid Treatment of Chronic Non-Cancer Pain in a Primary Care Setting
- Disseminated Coccidioidomycosis with Spinal Involvement in an Immunocompetent Patient
- A Curious Case of Caffeine-Induced Hypokalemic Paralysis
- The Negative Predictive Value of Sonographically-Guided 14-Gauge Core Needle Biopsy of Breast Masses
- The Study of Neuronal Sensitivity to Ischemic Damage in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease
- Molecular Cardiac Surgery with Retrograde Delivery (Mcard) in the Treatment of Heart Failure
- Antibiotics in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: An Epidemic of Dosing Errors
- Connexin 40 Remodeling In Purkinje Cardiomyocytes Post-myocardial Infarction
- Fever in a Returned Traveler
- Serious Sequela of Polypharmacy: A Case of Serotonin Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension 15 Years Following Aspergillus Empyema: Case Report and Review of the Literature
- Cotton Fever in Injection Drug Users; Contrasting Medical Obscurity and Colloquial Familiarity
- Xylobezoar (Paper Bezoar) in the Sigmoid Colon Masquerading as Diverticulitis
- Rheum for Debate
- Idiopathic Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Masquerading as False Positive Strongyloides Stecoralis
- Cigarette Package Labeling In 12 Countries
- CXCL16 Plays A Critical Role In Renal Fibrosis Through Regulation Of Bone Marrow-Derived Fibrocytes
- Neutrophil-Attracting Chemokines May Contribute to the Formation of a Pre-Metastatic Niche
- Atropine Prophylaxis a Risk Factor for Post-Carotid Artery Stenting Hypotension
- Effect of Palliative Care Services on End of Life Care in Cancer Patients
- A Zebra in the Prairie: Inflammatory Polyarthritis and Sudden Dyspnea in Central Illinois
- Coagulopathy in Alcohol-Induced Cirrhosis: To Bleed or Not To Bleed?
- A Matter of Life and Breath: A Rare Case of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pacemaker Extrusion from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: An Unusual Presentation from an Unlikely Culprit
- In-Vivo Corneal Confocal Microscopy as a Diagnostic Test for Neuropathy in Type 1 Diabetes A Cohort Study
- The Fruits of Labor: A Baby Boy and IRIS in an HIV-Negative patient
- Spontaneous Calcific Coronary Embolus From A Degenerative Calcific Aortic Valve: A Rare Cause Of Acute STEMI
- A Benign Cause of Neck Swelling In The HIV Patient
- An Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery And Duct Of Kommerell Aneurysm Complicated By Dissection
- Clozapine Induced Fatal Hepatic Failure
- The Sound Of Bleeding
- Assessing Potential Toxicities Of Gene Therapy: Insertional Mutagenesis Risk Following Aav Vector-mediated Gene Transfer
- Consult To Quit: Smoking Intervention At Large Public Hospital
- Priapism: A Rare Presenting Feature Of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Propionibacterium Acnes: When Will You Grow Up?
- Ultrasound And MRI In Fetuses With Ventriculomegaly: Can Cortical Development Be Used To Predict Postnatal Outcome?
Students: Join ACP for Free
Benefits of Membership for Students: ACP's free Medical Student Membership includes benefits designed especially to meet students' needs.
Join Now: Sign-up today and begin enjoying the benefits of ACP Medical Student Membership.
Find a Residency
Search ACP's Internal Medicine Residency Database for information on all internal medicine residency programs in the U.S. and Canada. (ACP Members only)
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.