You are here
MKSAP 17 Meets the Learning Needs of Hospitalists
MKSAP remains the smart choice for updating your patient-care knowledge and succeeding on the ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine (FPHM) exam. The learning path for hospitalists should not be a mystery. ACP has continued to pave the way, offering a clear and trusted means to meet your requirements through MKSAP 17.
100% of the content covered in MKSAP provides core knowledge essential for the practice of medicine.
MKSAP 17 Quick Facts for Hospitalists
- Efficient and economical way to prepare for either the FPHM or ABIM MOC exam, earn CME credits and MOC points, or update your knowledge.
- Includes an overwhelming majority of topics included in the FPHM blueprint.
- More than 330 questions specifically focused on hospital medicine.
- 83% of subscribers using MKSAP indicated that MKSAP's specially designated hospitalist-focused content was useful to them in preparing for the ABIM MOC exam or the FPHM MOC exam.
- 91% responded that the ability to create hospital-based custom quizzes in the MKSAP Digital platform was useful.
- Allows you to study with no risk—if you complete and submit all of the MKSAP 17 tests prior to the CME expiration date, and don't pass your exam, we will give you a full refund.
MKSAP 17 Features Designed for Hospitalists
On average, almost half of MKSAP content and over 300 questions are devoted solely to hospitalist content.
Print and Digital
- Relevant content is highlighted in blue and designated with the familiar hospital icon
- Hospitalist-focused MCQs
- Hospitalist content is highlighted throughout MKSAP 17, no matter which format you use. Preview Now.
- Hospitalist-based custom quiz filter
- Hospitalist-only navigation view, showing text sections containing relevant content
The MKSAP 17 Blueprint
The MKSAP 17 blueprint aligns well with the major content categories included in the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine blueprint. Content and associated questions within the General Internal Medicine text on Palliative Care, Medical Ethics and Decision-Making, Quality, Safety, Clinical Reasoning, and Transitions of Care provide a solid learning foundation in Inpatient Care.
See a detailed outline of the FPHM content categories covered in MKSAP 17.
The ACP and MKSAP Legacies
ACP has long been the professional home for internists, and 90% of internists have spent time in a hospital setting. We therefore make it a priority to cover inpatient care in a number of ways, within MKSAP 17 as well as through the publication of hospital medicine textbooks, a monthly ACP Hospitalist publication, and a weekly hospital medicine e-newsletter.
The MKSAP 17 editors know hospitals. In fact, many have experience as educators in a hospital setting, and understand your needs. Since 1967, MKSAP has been the go-to source for board review and comprehensive knowledge updates. Our program gives you the opportunity to self-test in order to achieve exam goals, but it doesn't stop there—we give you a broader spectrum of care as well. MKSAP’s highly structured, psychometrically validated MCQs help learners heighten their skills in clinical reasoning by allowing them to assimilate the facts presented in our detailed question stems with the knowledge gained from reading the corresponding text sections to identify the most appropriate management, diagnosis, and treatment strategy for the clinical scenario presented.
The Value of MKSAP 17
Does it really make sense to use difference sources to complete one goal? When you consider the investment you are going to make, factor in that you could pay a steep price for another program that may not follow the blueprint or provide you with a syllabus. It may not have the richness of content or the trusted, lasting legacy. If you need something time-efficient and don't want to supplement your exam preparation with additional sources that are costly, MKSAP really is the prudent choice.
MKSAP 17 is approved by the ABIM for MOC points. These credits count as Medical Knowledge points for Internal Medicine MOC as well as Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC.
Plus, ACP members receive significant discounts on MKSAP.
Return to MKSAP 17.