Washington, DC – MOC Exam Prep Course
Date: March 10-12, 2016
Course Code: PG1602
Course Schedule: Download the Course Schedule
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available beginning February 25, 2016
* Verification letter required.
- Increase and refresh knowledge of core topics in internal medicine and the subspecialties through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Become adept working through difficult test questions logically and successfully.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
Physicians preparing for the ABIM Maintenance of Certification examination in internal medicine, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course provides preparation for the ABIM MOC examination in internal medicine. The ABIM does not award MOC points for exam preparation courses.
ACP IMBR Flashcards App
Access to the ACP Flashcards App loaded with 200 IM Board Review flashcards will be available to participants 24 hours after the course concludes.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning February 25, 2016.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 1100 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until March 30, 2016.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Carmella A. Cole, MD, FACP
Director, Section of General Internal Medicine
Interim Chair Department of Medicine
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Leonard Wartofsky, MD, MPH, MACP
Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, Anatomy, Physiology, & Genetics
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Editor-in-Chief, Endocrine Reviews
Department of Medicine, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Hotel and Travel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please check the internet for alternative hotels in the area.
Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City
1250 South Hayes Street
Arlington, VA 22202
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $219
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is February 8, 2016
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until February 8, 2016 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Study at home with high-quality audio and video recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.