Schaumburg, IL – MOC Exam Prep Course
Date: September 8-10, 2016
Course Code: PG1610
Course Schedule: Download the Course Schedule
Course Syllabus: The e-syllabus will be available beginning August 26, 2016
|Non-Member||ACP Member, Resident*, Research Fellow*, Intern*|
* Verification letter required.
- Increase and refresh knowledge of core topics in internal medicine and the subspecialties through discussion of common and not-so-common clinical problems.
- Become adept working through difficult test questions logically and successfully.
- Implement changes in clinical practice in accordance with recent advances and clinical guidelines.
Physicians preparing for the ABIM Maintenance of Certification examination in internal medicine, general internists, internal medicine subspecialists, and internal medicine trainees.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 23 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course provides preparation for the ABIM MOC examination in internal medicine. The ABIM does not award MOC points for exam preparation courses.
ACP IMBR Flashcards App
Access to the ACP IMBR Flashcards App loaded with 200 IM Board Review flashcards will be available to participants 24 hours after the course concludes.
All registrations include access to the electronic version of the course syllabus (e-syllabus), which will be available beginning August 26, 2016.
Important Points Regarding the E-Syllabus:
- The e-syllabus is a full-color pdf document in excess of 2000 pages. It is not intended for printing. If printed in black and white it will not be readable.
- You must download the syllabus to your laptop or tablet prior to attending the course, as there will not be internet access in the meeting room.
- You will need software that enables you to take notes on a pdf document. Adobe Reader is a source for free versions of note-taking software.
- You should make a back-up copy of the e-syllabus. It will only be available online until September 24, 2016.
- There are a limited number of outlets in the meeting room. Your device should be fully charged before you arrive.
*A print copy of the syllabus can be ordered with your registration for an additional $75.00 (or purchased at the course for $100). If you would like to order a print copy, please check this option on the course page before adding the course to your cart. All print copies will be distributed at the course.
Kesavan Kutty, MD, MACP, FCCP, FRCP
Professor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
Academic Chairman of Medicine, Wheaton Franciscan Health Care-St Joseph,
Hotel and Travel Information
You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations. A sufficient number of rooms have been set aside for course registrants. In the event that the rooms have been sold out, please check the internet for alternative hotels in the area.
Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Conference Center
1551 Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
Group Rates: Single or double rooms $142
The hotel reduced-rate cutoff date is August 17, 2016
All rates are per room, per day and do not include applicable taxes and gratuities. Reduced rates are available until August 17, 2016 or until the ACP contracted hotel block sells out. Please identify yourself with this course in order to benefit from the block of rooms set aside for course registrants.
Board Review Course Recordings
Multifaceted, self-study review course offers high-quality online, video, and audio recordings of ACP's board review courses. View a sample of each recording and learn more:
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP's recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.