Abstract Competition Poster Guidelines
Each presenter will be asked to give a 4 minute "presentation overview" of their research or their case, leaving 6 minutes for a question and answer session with the judges.
The poster board surface is approximately 4' high and 8' wide. It has a cork base, with a fabric covering so that either pushpins or Velcro can be used.
- Prepare a panel indicating title and authors for the top of your poster space. The lettering for this section should not be less than 1" high. You are asked to make no major alterations in the text of your abstract.
- Research posters should include a copy of the abstract, typed in a large font, and posted in the upper left-hand corner of the poster board.
- All illustrations should be made beforehand. Bear in mind that your graphics may be viewed or read from distances of about 3' or more. Charts, drawings, and illustrations might well be similar to those you would use in making slides; preferably simple and more heavily drawn. They should not be "arty." Simple use of color can add emphasis effectively.
- Do not mount your poster on heavy board because these may be difficult to keep in position on the poster boards.
- Hand-lettered material should contain appropriately heavy lettering, at least 3/8" high. Shade block letters where possible. Typed material should be prepared in a large, legible font.
- Keep illustrative material simple.
IM Board Review Courses: Review medical content and improve test-taking skills with ACP's expert clinician educators as you prepare for the ABIM certification exam.
MKSAP: ACP's comprehensive Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program provides residents and practicing physicians with an up-to-date study resource for ABIM certification and recertification.
IM Essentials: Created by over 90 internal medicine clerkship directors, IM Essentials covers the key topics and concepts in the core medicine clerkship through textbook chapters and self-assessment questions.
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.