You are here
Curriculum for Subspecialty Fellows
The High Value Care Curriculum (HVC) has been jointly developed by the American College of Physicians (ACP) and the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) to help train subspecialty fellows to provide high value patient care and to engage them in identifying system-level opportunities to reduce waste and improve patient outcomes.
This curriculum has been adapted from the resident's curriculum by fellowship educators to include new cases and concepts focused at the level of a second-year subspecialty fellow.
Seven Curriculum Topics
1. Eliminating Health Care Waste and Over-Ordering of Tests
2. Healthcare Costs and Payment Models
3. Biostatistics for High Value Testing and Treatment
4. High Value Medication Prescribing
5. Overcoming Barriers to High Value Care
6. High Value Consultation and Referral
7. High Value Quality Improvement