State Advocacy Tools
If you/your chapter would like to become more involved in advocacy but feel you do not have adequate resources or time to do so, the ACP Washington, DC office can help you/your chapter with the services below:
- Assist with developing issue briefs on ACP priority issues to be sent to state legislators, governors, or policy staff members.
- Assist in setting up meetings with your state’s governor.
- Help identify key health care committee members of your state legislature.
- Provide talking points for letters-to-the-editor or op-eds for local media.
- Assist in providing resources on ACP’s issues for use at the state level.
- Provide tips for beginning to build an effective state-based grassroots network.
- Help with coalition building or political fundraisers.
If you are interested in any of these services, please work through your ACP chapter/governor to let them know of your interest in advocating on a specific issue.
For more information or assistance with any of the item(s) listed, please contact Shuan Tomlinson in the ACP Washington Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2015 State Legislative Session Calendar
- Identify/Locate your Elected (Federal, State and Local) Officials
- National Conference of State Legislature: Health Reform State Implementation Entities
- Health Plan Choice and Premiums in the 2015 Health Insurance Marketplace
- ACA Frequently Asked Q&A
- Chart Comparing the PPACA Legislation to ACP Policy
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Here's a way for primary care doctors to earn a lot more. (If only they would use it)
- Wednesday, November 25, 2015
How does concierge and direct primary care affect access and cost?
- Thursday, November 12, 2015
The Growing Affordability Crisis
- Thursday, October 22, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
News on Medicare Payments to Physicians in 2016
November 13, 2015
Next Round of ACA Enrollment, ACP's Grant from CMS
October 30, 2015
- Preserving the Primary Care Bonus, ACP's Paper on Retail Clinics, and
Rising Drug Costs
October 16, 2015