State of the Nation's Health Care 2011
Congress Challenged to Find ‘Common Ground’ to Address ‘Unprecedented Crisis in Our Health Care System’
On January 27, 2011, at ACP’s annual report on the state of the U.S. health care system we detailed the challenges faced by decreased access to health insurance coverage; decreased capacity in the health care workforce; and increased health care costs.
- Full report on the State of the Nation’s Health Care
- Remarks from ACP President J. Fred Ralston, Jr., MD, FACP
- Remarks from ACP’s Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Robert B. Doherty
- Background information on Expansion of Coverage
- Background information on Workforce Capacity
- Background information on Bending the Health Care Cost Curve
- Background information on Reforming the Medical Liability System
- Accompanying policy paper: How Can Our Nation Conserve and Distribute Health Care Resources Effectively and Efficiently?
- ACP’s High-Value, Cost-Conscious Care Initiative
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Goodbye and Good Riddance to the SGR
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
When it comes to SGR repeal, is the glass half empty? Or half full?
- Friday, March 27, 2015
More on the SGR bill: beyond repeal, what else is in it?
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
The SGR Repealed, Health IT Interoperability, and Changes to Short-Term
April 17, 2015
Developments on SGR Repeal and ACP's Dynamic Guide for Congress
April 3, 2015
- ACA Enrollment Figures, New Study on Physician Shortage, and ACP on
March 20, 2015