ACP is a partner in the Million Hearts Campaign, a national initiative that aims to prevent a million heart attacks and strokes in five years. The campaign seeks to empower Americans to make healthy choices through the ABCS:
- Aspirin for people at risk
- Blood pressure control
- Cholesterol management
- Smoking cessation
The ABCS address the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes. Learn more about The Million Hearts Campaign.
In 2015, The Million Hearts initiative announced a new Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction Model to calculate individualized heart attack and stroke risk scores for patients.
Related ACP Materials
Heart Attack and Stroke
More Materials on Heart Attack and Stroke
- It's OK for Men with High Blood Pressure to Have a Drink or Two (Video)
- Prehypertensive Young Adults More Likely To Have Atherosclerosis Later (Video)
- How to Take Your Own Blood Pressure (Video)
More Materials on Hypertension
- Alcohol Consumption & Risk for Coronary Heart Disease among Men with Hypertension Patient Summary
- The Effects of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Treatments on Severity of Coronary Artery Disease Patient Summary
- High-Normal Blood Pressure in Young Adults as a Risk for Atherosclerosis Later in Life Patient Summary
Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
- Best Proof Yet That Smoking Causes Death (Video)
- Most Effective Way to Quit Smoking (Video)
- It's Never Too Late to Quit Smoking
More Materials on Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
Benefits of ACP Membership
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.