ACP is a partner in the Million Hearts Campaign, a national initiative that aims to prevent a million heart attacks and strokes in five years. The campaign seeks to empower Americans to make healthy choices through the ABCS:
- Aspirin for people at risk
- Blood pressure control
- Cholesterol management
- Smoking cessation
The ABCS address the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease and can help prevent heart attacks and strokes. Learn more about The Million Hearts Campaign.
In 2015, The Million Hearts initiative announced a new Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction Model to calculate individualized heart attack and stroke risk scores for patients.
Related ACP Materials
Heart Attack and Stroke
More Materials on Heart Attack and Stroke
- It's OK for Men with High Blood Pressure to Have a Drink or Two (Video)
- Prehypertensive Young Adults More Likely To Have Atherosclerosis Later (Video)
- How to Take Your Own Blood Pressure (Video)
More Materials on Hypertension
- Alcohol Consumption & Risk for Coronary Heart Disease among Men with Hypertension Patient Summary
- The Effects of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Treatments on Severity of Coronary Artery Disease Patient Summary
- High-Normal Blood Pressure in Young Adults as a Risk for Atherosclerosis Later in Life Patient Summary
Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
- Best Proof Yet That Smoking Causes Death (Video)
- Most Effective Way to Quit Smoking (Video)
- It's Never Too Late to Quit Smoking
More Materials on Smoking and Heart Disease and Stroke
Benefits of ACP Membership
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.