Public Policy & Advocacy
Leadership Day 2016
May 3-4, 2016 Walter E. Washington Convention Center Washington, DC
The 24th annual Leadership Day on Capitol Hill will be held on May 3 - 4, 2016 in conjunction with the Internal Medicine Meeting in Washington, D.C.
This two-day advocacy event is a great opportunity for the College and our members to increase our presence and bring visibility to issues of concern to Congress. As usual, there will be training sessions and briefings by congressional staff and key government officials and staff on Tuesday, May 3. Attendees will also receive a comprehensive orientation on ACP’s top legislative priorities. A special briefing for Residents/Fellows-in-training and medical students is also provided. Visits to Capitol Hill will take place on Wednesday, May 4.
This event is open to ACP members only. ACP members interested in participating in Leadership Day 2016 should contact their chapter Governor to let him/her know of your interest and to be included in the chapter delegation congressional meetings. Attendance is expected to be greater than usual due to the Internal Medicine meeting occurring that same week so please act early.
Additional information about Leadership Day 2016 can be found on the ACP Services site. Please contact Shuan Tomlinson at email@example.com or 800-338-2746 ext. 4547 if you have questions.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- ACA Enrollment Help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 2/8/2016