2014 Chapter Abstract Competition
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2014 ACP Tennessee Chapter Scientific Meeting, which will be held in Franklin, Tennessee at the Franklin Marriott, beginning Friday, October 10 and ending at noon on Saturday, October 11.
This is a Resident/Fellow and Medical Students' competition. First author and presenter must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or Medical Student. Residents and Medical Students may apply for membership online.
Abstracts will be accepted into one of two categories: Clinical Vignette (reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease) or Research/Quality Improvement (clinical and/or laboratory research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem). Refer to the online guides on How to Write a Clinical Vignette Abstract and How to Write a Research Abstract for more information.The word limit is 450 words.
We highly encourage you to submit early to ensure your abstract is received. You will receive an e-mail notification once your abstract has been successfully submitted. Please use your most used e-mail address when submitting the abstract. All communication regarding the abstract competition will be sent electronically. Abstracts can only be submitted electronically. The abstract form is posted on the chapter Web site.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. CT, August 30, 2014.
If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation:
- Plan to set up your poster before 9:00a.m. on Friday, October 10.
- Plan to stay for judging to answer questions about your poster on Friday, October 10 from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Your poster should measure: 24” by 36”. Posters of any other size will not be displayed.
- Posters will be on display beginning Friday, October 10, at 9:00a.m. through the conclusion of the meeting on Saturday, October 11 at noon.
- We ask that you be present at the awards presentation on Saturday, October 11 at 8 a.m.
If you have not yet registered for the meeting, please go to the Chapter Web site and click on the Register Online Now link. There is no charge for Residents or Medical Students to attend the meeting.
Please contact Steven Hegedus, MD, FACP with questions regarding the Abstract Competition.
Page updated: 06/19/14
- 2015 Chapter Meeting
September 11-12, 2015
- Chapter Abstract Competition
Submission deadline: August 8, 2015
- Narrative Medicine Contest
Submission deadline: August 10, 2015
- Governor's Newsletter July 2015
- We are proud to announce that Clifton R. Cleaveland, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly