2013 Chapter Awards
The Pennsylvania Chapter presented the following awards to deserving members at the annual awards dinner held in Hershey:
The Laureate Award is the highest honor offered by the ACP and is presented to Fellows and Masters of the College who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research, service to their community, their chapter and the ACP. Awarded to:
- Dr. Herbert Y. Reynolds, MD,, FACP of Hershey is the Interim Chief, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton Hershey Medical Center.
- Dr. Richard S. Eisenstaedt, MD, FACP, of Wynnewood is chair, department of medicine, Abington Memorial Hospital, in Abington, PA, and clinical professor of medicine, Temple University School of Medicine.
- Dr. Paul A. Bialas, MD, FACP of Warren holds dual appointments as Clinical Professor of Medicine and Clinical Professor of Family and Community medicine at Penn State College of Medicine.
The Clinical Practice Award honors Fellows and Masters of the American College of Physicians who demonstrate by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, research and service to their community, their chapter, and the American College of Physicians. Award winners:
- Dr. Melissa McNeil, MD, MPH, FACP of Pittsburgh is a Professor of Medicine and Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Dr. Anuradha Paranjape, MD, MPH, FACP of Philadelphia Professor and Section Chief of the Section of General Internal Medicine and Vice Chair for Faculty Development for the Department of Medicine at Temple University School of Medicine (TUSM).
The Pressman Award for Distinguished Service to Internal Medicine is given annually by the ACP Pennsylvania Chapter to a Pennsylvania internist who best demonstrates commitment to his patients and his community as a practicing physician, as a leader within organized medicine, as an advocate for his/her patients and profession, and for extraordinary dedication to the specialty of internal medicine. This award was first given in 1994 to Robert S. Pressman, MD of Philadelphia, for his distinguished service. Award winners:
- Dr. Margaret S. (Peg) Atwell, MD, FACP of Reading is the Section Chief of Occupational Medicine at The Reading Hospital.
- Dr. Evan Pollack, MD, FACP of Bryn Mawr works for a company that investigates healthcare fraud and abuse .
Special Recognition Awards were given to the following ACP members:
- Dr. Renee Cassidy, MD, FAAP, FACP of West Chester is an Internal Medicine-Pediatrics physician, trained to treat children and adults of all ages.
- Dr. Deepak Pahuja, MBBS, FACP of Erie serves as CEO and CMO of the Aerolib Healthcare Solutions LLC, as well as a physician advisory for case management and utilization at Intercede Health.
- Dr. Edward “Ted” Bollard, MD, DDS, FACP of Lebanon is an academic general internist at the Penn State-Hershey Medical Center. In addition to his clinical responsibilities, he is the Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Designated Institutional official for the Penn State-Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
- Dr. Marc Shalaby, MD, FACP of Schnecksville serves as the program director of the Internal Medicine-Primary Care Residency and an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Page updated: 12/12/13
- PA Eastern Region Governor's Newsletter - January 2016
- PA Southeastern Region Governor's Newsletter - January 2016
- PA Western Region Governor's Newsletter - January 2016
- Pennsylvania Chapter Wins 2015 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- We are proud to announce that Charles Cutler, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Pennsylvania Western Region - Meet Our Governor-elect, Thomas C. Grau, MD, FACP
- Member Feedback - Share Your Thoughts
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly