Public Policy & Advocacy
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- ACA Enrollment Help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 5/22/2015
- Oklahoma Chapter Wins 2015 John Tooker Evergreen Award
- Governor's Newsletter - Spring 2015
- We are proud to announce that Boyd Shook, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly