Fit for Fun 5K Run/Walk and Health Fair
Many Health Sciences Center students from across all disciplines are collaborating with the UNM medical student chapter of the American Medical Association/New Mexico Student Medical Society and the Office of Medical Student Affairs to host the first ever Fit For Fun 5K Run/Walk and Health Fair, to be held Saturday, September 28 at 7:30 a.m. on the UNM HSC campus and UNM North Golf Course. All monies raised from the 5K entry fees will be donated to the UNM Healthy & Fit Children's Clinic, an interdisciplinary clinic that strives to prevent Type II Diabetes by addressing pediatric obesity and overweight issues with a family-centered approach to healing. After the timed 5K, students from each HSC educational discipline will host health booths at the fair that both serve a community health need and highlight each discipline's unique contribution to healthcare. If you'd like to participate in the event, you can register for the 5K online or you can contact Clint Collier for more information.
Page updated: 09/17/13
- Governor's Newsletter - March 2015
- We are proud to announce that Robert G. Strickland, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Governor's Newsletter - December 2014
- Meet Our Governor-elect, Betty Chang, MDCM, PhD, FACP
- Physician Burnout and Wellness Resources
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly