2014 Chapter Abstract Competition
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2014 ACP New Mexico Chapter Scientific Meeting, which will be held November 6-8 at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque.
This is an ACP Resident/Fellow Members' and Medical Students' competition. First author and presenter must be an ACP Resident/Fellow Member or Medical Student with current membership status. Residents and Medical Students may apply for membership online. Resident/Fellow membership is paid by the Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Student Membership is free. Limit of one (1) entry per first author. Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. MT October 7, 2014. Abstracts submitted by Residents/Fellows can be for oral or poster presentations. Abstracts submitted by Medical Students are for poster presentations only. The word limit is 450 words.
Abstracts will be accepted into one of two categories: Clinical Vignette (reports of one or more cases that illustrate a rare disease entity or an unusual clinical presentation of an established disease) or Research (clinical and/or laboratory research, delineating a new investigation into mechanisms of disease or consisting of a detailed review of a clinical problem). Refer to the online guides on How to Write a Clinical Vignette Abstract and How to Write a Research Abstract for more information.
We highly encourage you to submit early to ensure your abstract is received. You will receive an e-mail notification once your abstract has been successfully submitted. Please use your most used e-mail address when submitting the abstract. All communication regarding the abstract competition will be sent electronically.
Abstracts can only be submitted electronically via the abstract form on the chapter Web site.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. MT October 7, 2014.
If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation:
- Plan to set up your poster between 4:00 to 5:00 pm on Thursday, November 6.
- Plan to stay for judging to answer questions about your poster on Thursday, November 6 from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- One easel will be provided as well as poster board measuring 30” x 40” with a 1/4" thickness and tacks will be available at the hotel at the entrance to the exhibit hall at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel.
- Posters will be on display beginning Thursday, November 6, from 5:00-8:30 p.m.; Friday, November 7, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; and Saturday, November 8, from 7:00-11:30 a.m.
- We ask that you be present at a reception 5:20–6:20 p.m. on Friday, November 7. Prizes will be awarded at this reception.
If you have not yet registered for the meeting, please go to the Chapter Web site and click on the Register Online Now link. There is no charge for Residents or Medical Students to attend the meeting.
Eileen Barrett, MD, MPH, FACP
Governor, ACP New Mexico Chapter
Page updated: 10-03-14
- Governor's Newsletter - June 2015
- Annual Chapter Scientific Meeting
- Abstract Competition
- We are proud to announce that Robert G. Strickland, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award.
- Meet Our Governor-elect, Betty Chang, MDCM, PhD, FACP
- Physician Burnout and Wellness Resources
- Member Accomplishments
- Internist Weekly