From the North Carolina ACP Governor:
Welcome to our Web page. North Carolina internists--doctors for adults--are joined in the North Carolina Chapter, ACP to speak for Internal Medicine and to reflect the interests and concerns of our specialty. ACP, founded in 1915, is the nation's largest medical specialty organization. Membership comprises 141,000 internal medicine physicians and medical students.
As Governor, I have the responsibility of representing our Chapter to the national organization, encouraging internists in our state to become members, recognizing our members, urging them to advance to Fellowship, and encouraging input and action on national political issues (through the State Health & Public Policy Committee and by having our members be "key contacts" to the College's Washington office). I am also responsible for encouraging medical student members and Associates (i.e., residents) to participate in local and national College activities.
I will be glad to communicate with any of you regarding your questions or concerns about the College, its programs and positions, and to encourage your participation.
Byron J. Hoffman, Jr., MD, FACP
Governor, ACP North Carolina Chapter
- Congratulate our Newest Master
- North Carolina Chapter Annual Scientific Session - Registration Now Open!
- Governor's Newsletter - November 2015
- Recognize Outstanding Members and Nominate Them for the 2016 Volunteerism Award
- Call for Abstracts - 2016 NC Chapter Scientific Meeting
- Meet Our New Governor, Peter R. Lichstein, MD, FACP
- Member Accomplishments