Congratulate our Newest Master
Congratulations to Timothy W. Lane, MD, MACP of Greensboro who has been selected to become Master of the College (MACP). To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery health care, or contributions to medical literature.
ACP Medical Student Abstract Competition Poster Winner - Internal Medicine Meeting 2015
Special congratulations to Rita Kuwahara from the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, who was a winner in the High Value Care/Quality Improvement/Patient Safety category at the Internal Medicine 2015 Abstract Competition. Her poster title was "Understanding the Stories of "Super-Utilizer" Patients through Hotspotting on Tobacco Road: An Interprofessional Narrative-Based Approach to Reduce Rehospitalizations and Provide High Value Cost Conscious Care".
2015 ACP Young Achievers
Special congratulations to our chapterís Young Achievers:
- Rita K. Kuwahara; Sean A. Marco, MD; Rahul Singh, MD; and Eric Walford, MD - National Abstract Competition/Chapter Winner Poster Finalists
- Basem M. Mishriky, MBBCh; Samaya J. Qureshi, MD; and Joshua Rivenbark - National Abstract Competition/National Poster Finalists
Congratulations to our 2014 Chapter Award and Abstract Competition winners!
Lee Berkowitz, MD, FACP - Laureate Awardee
Gary Greenberg, MD, FACP - Volunteerism Awardee
Best Overall: Jennifer Rymer, MD (Duke)
Best Clinical Vignette: Michael Woodworth, MD (Duke)
Second Place Clinical Vignette: Chaitanya Madamanchi, MD (UNC)
Third Place Clinical Vignette: Jennifer Rymer, MD (Duke)
Best Clinical Research: Jennifer Rymer, MD (Duke)
Best QI: Lauren Wilson, MD (SEAHEC)
Best Student: Mark Dakkak (Duke)
Congratulations to Our New North Carolina ACP Fellows
View the full list of North Carolina members were elected to Fellowship in the past 6 months.
The North Carolina Chapter would like to thank the following member for recruiting colleagues as part of ACP's Recruit-a-Colleague program:
- Jody T Sepich, MD
Have you . . . received an award, appointment, certification or other honor? Done some interesting volunteer work, had an article published, received a promotion? We'd like to share your good news in this section of the Chapter web site. Please e-mail items of interest to Alan Skipper.
Page updated: 10/20/2015
- Congratulate our Newest Master
- North Carolina Chapter Annual Scientific Session - Registration Now Open!
- Governor's Newsletter - November 2015
- Recognize Outstanding Members and Nominate Them for the 2016 Volunteerism Award
- Call for Abstracts - 2016 NC Chapter Scientific Meeting
- Meet Our New Governor, Peter R. Lichstein, MD, FACP
- Member Accomplishments