Chapter Abstract Competition
The North Carolina Chapter is excited to announce the Call for Poster Abstracts for the 2015 Chapter Scientific Session, taking place February 13-14 at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham, NC. As always, registration fees for the Scientific Session are waived for all Residents, Fellows and Students.
The poster competition is open only to Resident/Fellow Members and Medical Student members of the ACP North Carolina Chapter. First authors must be ACP Medical Students or Resident/Fellow Members or have made official application for membership in order to enter this competition. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. If you have not joined ACP (medical students join for free; Residents/Fellows should contact their residency program directors), please visit the ACP Web site to find out more and apply.
Each abstract will undergo careful review and will be ranked for scientific merit, originality, proper presentation, and clinical application. You can view ACP's guidelines and tips on preparing an abstract online.
We will accept as many posters for display and judging as time and space permit.
The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, December 12, 2014, at midnight.
Abstracts can only be submitted electronically online. To submit an abstract, please use the Online Abstract Submission Form.
- Educational opportunity to showcase your work.
- Best Clinical or Basic Research, Clinical Vignette, Quality Improvement, High Value Care (new category for 2015), and Student Poster will each receive a cash award of $300 and reimbursement of travel expenses to the 2015 ACP Internal Medicine Meeting to present their poster.
- Best Overall Poster will receive an additional cash award and reimbursement of travel expenses to the 2015 ACP Internal Medicine Meeting to present the winning poster.
For questions concerning this poster competition or the Scientific Session, please contact Nancy Lowe, CMP, Associate Director of the North Carolina Chapter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Byron J. Hoffman, Jr., MD, FACP
ACP Governor, North Carolina Chapter
Page updated: 8/20/14
- ECP Update
- ACP Leadership Day Registration, Last Call for Chapter Volunteerism Award, Managing Your Online Reputation, and more!
- Congratulate our Newest Master
- North Carolina Chapter Annual Scientific Session - Registration Now Open!
- Recognize Outstanding Members and Nominate Them for the 2016 Volunteerism Award
- Member Accomplishments