Maryland Carrier Advisory Update
Recently the CAC (Carrier Advisory Committee) met to discuss several different issues. Dr. Sheikh has provided the following information discussed at this meeting. Novitas Solutions has indicated that the following are the most common Part B errors:
- Procedure and/or service billed not supported in medical record
- Missing or illegible documentation and/or physician signature
- No valid physician’s order for laboratory or diagnostic services
- No physical therapy certified plan of care/treatment plan
- Evaluation and management services level billed not supported in medical documentation
- Units of medication/infusion services billed not matching medical record
Novitas has also updated its Web site to better serve the needs of the provider community by allow for better navigation of this site. This includes Web site content displayed by contract and line and business; improved search functionality; and enhanced left-side navigation bar.
Novitasphere JL Part B will also allow providers, including those providers that use a billing service or clearinghouse, to connect via the internet directly to Novitas Solutions to provide beneficiary eligibility status, check claim status, submit claims, retrieve and print remittance advices, and perform clerical error reopenings.
Web updates will include daily e-mail of the latest Medicare Updates, and weekly podcast of the latest Medicare Updates and other informative topics.
To contact the Novitasphere Help Desk, please call 855-880-8424 or go to the Novitasphere-Portal link located on the left side bar of the Novitas Solutions Web site.
Page updated: 08/13/14