Maryland Medical Student Resources
12th Annual "Medical Students’ Steps to Success" Meeting
April 18, 2015
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Jointly sponsored by the ACP District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, US Army, US Air Force, and US Navy Chapters
See the flyer for more details.
2015 Medical Student Steps for Success Abstract Submission Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
Deadline for abstract submissions: April 11, 2015
Please contact Todd Gleeson, MD, MPH for more information.
The Maryland ACP Student Committee is very active in both ACP and IMIG events and has IMIG groups from both Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland Medical School. Learn more about upcoming activities and the IMIG committee.
Medical Student Committee Video on Community Physicians
The Chapter's Medical Student Committee developed a wonderful video highlighting some of our ACP members who work in the community and the various facets and opportunities in Internal Medicine. Please take a few moments to check it out!
2014 Student Steps to Success Meeting
We had a terrific event this year. Please read more and join us in congratulating the winners from the competitions!
ACP Medical Student Membership is Free!
Additional ACP Resources for Medical Students
- Information for Medical Student Members
- Internal Medicine Interest Group Resources
- Peruse IMpact - ACP's quarterly newsletter for students
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Search the Mentoring Database for a mentor within the ACP community to provide you with personal and professional guidance.
National Council of Student Members
- Contact your Local Representative or view more information about the Council, visit the CSM Web site.
Selecting a Residency Program
- Internal Medicine Careers
- Residency Programs and Selection
- Search ACP's Residency Database for a complete list of internal medicine residency programs in the United States.
- Association of American Medical Colleges “Succeeding as a Medical Student” page - https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/
- Electronic Residency Application Service - https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/
- National Health Service Corps (scholarship/loan repayment program) - http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/
Page Updated: 2/27/2015