Collaborative Work on Invigorating Primary Care
ACP has been working collaboratively with Primary Care Progress (PCP), a grassroots nonprofit organization that is building a network of advocates who share the vision of a healthcare system built on a robust foundation of primary care. Members from PCP leadership attended the recent PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) Educational Summit hosted by ACP and discussed multiple opportunities available for ACP members to get involved with PCP on a local level.
PCP is a growing national grassroots network of energized primary care providers, trainees and primary care supporters coming together in local communities to engage in concrete activities that reinvigorate the field of primary care. Activities include efforts to raise awareness about the importance of primary care, to promote improvement in how care is organized and delivered, and to ensure that students and residents have the skills and knowledge to succeed in these redesigned models of providing care. Visit www.primarycareprogress.org to learn more.
Local chapters of PCP bring together medical students, residents and primary care providers around concrete activities to promote primary care, innovate care delivery, and learn the skills necessary to work in our rapidly changing health field.
If you’re interested in hearing more about PCP and what a local chapter might look like, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page updated: 5/2/11
- Illinois Southern Region: 2015 Governors-elect Candidates' Bios and Statements
- Downstate Dialogue - August
- Governor's Newsletter-August 2015
- Registration Now Open for Illinois Chapter Meeting!
- Download the Meeting Program
- We are proud to announce that Rolf M. Gunnar, MD, MACP and E. Richard Ensrud, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award
- Meet Our Governor-elect, Suja Mathew, MD, FACP
- Ebola Outpatient Guidance
- Illinois MKSAP Study Hall
- Member Accomplishments
- Visit the Chapter Photo Gallery