University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine Internal Medicine Interest Group
The mission of the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine Internal Medicine Interest Group (CCOM IMIG) is to increase awareness and interest in internal medicine among medical students. We are a local chapter of the American College of Physicians (ACP), which is a national organization of physicians specializing in the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses in adults. ACP is the largest medical-specialty organization and second-largest physician group in the United States with a membership of over 133,000 internists, internal medicine subspecialists, fellows, residents, and medical students.
The ACP website can be accessed at: www.acponline.org.
If you are medical student, please consider applying for a free student membership by completing the online form.
Our local IMIG chapter also has a website.
Dr. Joseph Szot, a general internist, and Dr. Manish Suneja, a nephrologist, serve as advisors to CCOM IMIG, and help the student leadership team plan monthly meetings for the medical student community. Drs. Szot and Suneja are Associate Directors of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at UIHC and thus have extensive experience in evaluating and advising students interested in pursuing internal medicine residency programs. Both of them look forward to meeting and mentoring students interested in internal medicine! Through our local IMIG website, you can also look for UIHC faculty who are open to mentoring medical students.
For 2012-2013, IMIG plans to host the following activities:
- Thursday, October 25th: 12:30-1:20 p.m., MERF 1117: Clinical Cases with Dr. Szot
Lunch will be provided.
- Monday, November 12, 12:30-1:20 p.m., MERF 1117: Internal Medicine Resident Panel
Lunch will be provided.
- Wednesday, November 26, 2012: Ultrasound Procedure Clinic
Time and Location TBD.
- December: Medical School Jeopardy Lunch will be provided. Come also for the chance to win Java House gift cards.
- January 2013: Chili Dinner with Internal Medicine Faculty Members and Residents including general internists, hospitalists, and subspecialists
- February: Clinical Cases
- March: Medical Student Panel of M3s and M4s regarding Rotations and Scheduling
- April: Medical School Jeopardy
We hope you can join us for some of these events.
IMIG M2 Leadership:
IMIG M3 Leadership:
Page updated: 12/17/13