Congratulations to our 2015 FL Chapter Master
Congratulations to N. Lawrence Edwards, MD, MACP of Gainesville who has been selected to become Master of the College (MACP) in April 2015. To be considered for Mastership, the candidate must have made a notable contribution to medicine. This includes but is not limited to teaching, outstanding work in clinical medicine (research or practice), contributions to preventive medicine, improvements in the delivery health care, or contributions to medical literature.
Congratulations to our 2014 FL Chapter Awardees!
Outstanding Teacher of the Year – Robert J. Ledford, MD
Community-Based Teacher of the Year – Margarita M. Cancio, MD, FACP
Volunteerism & Community Service Award – Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MD, FACP
Internist of the Year – Daniel S. Bendetowicz, MD, FACP
2015 ACP Young Achievers
Special congratulations to our chapter’s Young Achievers:
- Christy Baggett; Vivek Choksi, MD; Charles F Doerner; Alexandra Gomez Arteaga, MD, Brittany McCreery, MD; Milan Patel; Debjit Saha, MD; Prakhar Vijayvargiya, MD; Wassim Samra, MD; Maroun Sfeir, MD; Ashok Shiani; Michelle Shnayder; Sam Thomas, MD; Sean K. Verma; Danlu Wang, MD; Mohamad Zetir, MD - National Abstract Competition/National Poster Finalists
- Lucas A. Burke, MD and Meghana Vellanki - National Abstract Competition/Chapter Winner Poster Finalists
- Jordan C. Ray, MD - National Abstract Competition/National Poster Finalist and Chapter Winner Poster Finalists
Florida Medical Student Featured in IMpact Newsletter
Christin Giordano, PA-C, MS2 from the University of Central Florida College Medicine, Class of 2016, is featured in the March 2014 edition of IMPact. View her full article
Congratulations to Our New FL ACP Fellows!
View the full list of new Fellows elected in the past six months.
Have you . . . received an award, appointment, certification or other honor? Done some interesting volunteer work, had an article published, received a promotion? We'd like to share your good news in this section of the Chapter web site. Please e-mail items of interest to Bridget H. Anderson.
Page updated: 3/30/2015
- Florida Chapter Advocate E-News
- 2015 FL Chapter Annual Scientific Meeting Exhibitor Prospectus
- We are proud to announce that Cecil B. Wilson, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award
- Florida Chapter Governors' Newsletter - December 2014
- Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Jason M. Goldman, MD, FACP
- FL Grassroots Advocacy Center
- Member Accomplishments