2013 CMA House of Delegates Meeting
The meeting of the CMA House of Delegates convened recently in Anaheim, California and a post report to highlight event actions is provided by Susan Sprau, MD, MACP and CA ACP Chief Delegate to the CMA House of Delegates. Take a few moments to also read the thoughtful comments provided by medical students who were also in attendance.
The California Medical Association (CMA) is the largest, most influential medical organization in California, and an aggressive advocate for doctors and patients. CMA relies on the involvement of its members to communicate the physician version of medical care to the public, to lawmakers, and to the regulators who determine how medicine is practiced. CMA policy is set by members and is voted on by physician representatives, who are elected to serve in the House of Delegates (HOD) or on the Board of Trustees.
The House of Delegates establishes the policies that govern the Association and elects CMA’s president. The House convenes annually to debate and act on resolutions and reports dealing with myriad medical practice, public health and CMA governance issues. Policies adopted by the House are implemented by the Board of Trustees, which also deals with the many interim policy issues that arise between the Annual Sessions of the House.
Page updated: 10/29/13
- Southern CA Region I Chapter-Governor's Newsletter - July 2015
- Southern CA Region II Residents & Students Fair
- CA Northern Abstract Competition
Deadline for submissions: September 13, 2015
- Southern CA Region III Abstract Competition
Deadline for submissions: September 14, 2015
- 2015 All California Meeting
October 30-November 1
- Southern California Region I Chapter-Meet Our Governor-elect, Mark S. Noah, MD, FACP
- Southern California Region II Chapter - Meet Our Governor-elect, Alpesh N. Amin, MD, MBA, MACP
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly