"Emergency Situation Driving Emblem" available to physicians as a result of CMA resurrecting an old statute.
This all came about thanks to a long-time member of CMA: James N. Eustermann, M.D. As a result, CMA and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) have put life back in a state law that allows physicians to exceed speed limits when driving to emergencies. The law (originally passed in 1959) provides a waiver of most speeding laws when the physician's vehicle displays a CHP-approved emblem.
The exemption applies unless the vehicle is being operated recklessly or without regard for the safety of others.
If you have a specific question about this new program, you should e-mail Bret at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All calls should be directed to the CMA Publications Hotline: 800/882-1262
Members may receive one free -- in either magnet or sticker form -- and additional emblems are $10. Non-members must pay $50 each. Shipping, handling and local taxes also apply.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Calls should go to the CMA Publications Hotline: 800/882-1262
- California Northern Chapter-Governor's Newsletter - January 2016
- Southern CA Region II Chapter-Governor's Newsletter - December 2015
- California Services Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Southern California Region III: Meet Our Governor-elect Designee
- California Northern Chapter: Meet Our Governor-elect Designee
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates