Public Policy & Advocacy
The Truth About Prop 46
A video is available from MICRA (the Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act) regarding Proposition 46.
Covered California Slide Presentations
- Covered California:10 Things You Need to Know about Open Enrollment
- Blue Shield of California
- Health Net, Inc.
New President of California Chapter of the American College of Physicians Services
Alpesh Amin, MD, MBA, MACP, SFHM will serve as President for the California Services from 2014-2016. Please take a few moments to read more about him.
Covered California Webinars
The California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) is hosting some Webinars on Covered California, which you can view here.
Local Advocacy Information
Leadership Day 2015
The need for Medicine to make its voice heard in DC has never been greater. Consider joining us at the 23rd annual ACP Leadership Day. This event will be held on May 20-21, 2015 at the Westin Washington DC City Center, in Washington, DC. If you are interested in participating, please contact our chapter staff and let them know of your interest in being included in the chapter delegation.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- ACA Enrollment Help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 2/27/2015
- Southern California Region III Chapter Governor's Newsletter-February 2015
- Southern California Region I Chapter-Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Mark S. Noah, MD, FACP
- Southern California Region II Chapter - Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Alpesh N. Amin, MD, MBA, MACP
- California Services Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Member Accomplishments
- Medicare Updates
- Internist Weekly